The Lac de Jouarres is located near the village of Homps and the Canal du Midi. It is bordered by olive trees, vines and pines. On the north side, a beach has been set up for swimming and there is also a restaurant, an area for inflatable games on the water and rental of canoes, paddles, pedal boats etc. You can also fish or simply walk around it.
The beach of Lac de Jouarres
A small road leads from the village of Homps to a parking lot (free) under the pines, very close to the Jouarres lake beach. You can also access it walk from the port of Homps at the edge of the Canal du Midi by following the yellow markings of the hike Around Jouarres Lake. The beach is about halfway through, ideal for a picnic break or afternoon snack!
Jouarres Lake Beach
La swimming is supervised in summer. The vast lawns are perfect for spreading out your towel. You can also install your deckchair in the shade under the pines and enjoy the surroundings. A bar-restaurant, La Guinguette du Lac allows you to eat or buy a few snacks (ice cream, drinks, etc.).
- Free parking
- Supervised swimming in July and August.
- Shower and WC
- Grass and gravel beach, shaded areas
- Provide suitable shoes for swimming (gravel)
- Dogs prohibited in the swimming area
- Barbecue and picnic area
- Fishing license for sale on the federation website.
- Nautical base: Nautical Club of Jouarres, boat park, sailing school, rental of boats, boards, pedal boats, canoeing and kayaking
- Restaurant The lake tavern, sale of refreshments and snacks (ice cream, etc.).
A wide choice of activities
Next to the restaurant, Fun Jouarres installed a inflatable water play course. Can also rent canoes, paddles and pedal boats. Jouarres lake is also suitable for non-motorized activities such as sailboard, hiking et the Peach. The lake can also be the object of a walk in all-terrain electric scooter with Outdoor session. In short, everyone will find their happiness!